A friend tagged me in a post of 73 questions, and I thought I’d play along.
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order? Well, when I go to my favorite local coffee shop, I order a latte. Actually, at most any coffee shop I order that or a cup of coffee, no sugar, no cream
2. What does your workstation look like? A train wreck
3. Favourite food? Coffee
4. Favourite authors? Audrey Niffenegger, Bonnie Jones Reynolds, Gloria Naylor
5. What do you think of open relationships? Just fine for other folks
6. What is your favourite video game? I had fun playing Minecraft with my son
7. Guilty pleasure treat? Chocolate covered cranberries
8. Favourite movie? The Wizard of Oz, Spirited Away
9. Favourite book? How can I choose?
10. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram
11. Desktop or laptop? Desktop these days
12. Best advice you’ve ever received? The time is going to pass either way
13. What project are you working on right now? Writing a query letter
14. Favorite color? Gray
15. Did you get good grades in school? so-so
16. Dream job? Writing and making art all day
17. Play any sports? Not anymore
18. Do you have a degree? A BA and an MA
19. Nationality? American…i.e. German, French, Irish, Dutch
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post? A god story with good art
21. What do you like to collect? Books, tarot cards, and action figures
22. Describe yourself in three words? creative, anxious, supportive
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be? …?
24. Who was the last person you DM? My husband
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now? Finding a new publisher
26. Sorting house? Slytherin (to my ever lasting consternation)
27. How many tattoos do you have? None
28. What are you most grateful for this year? My family and my friends
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month? I spent time with friends I hadn’t seen in years
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today? I had time to read
31. What’s the best thing ever? coffee, laughter, love and imagination
32. Favourite season? fall
33. Favourite holiday? Halloween!
34. What fictional character do you relate to most? Depends on what I’m reading
35. Do you like surprises? Nope
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had? Cancer
37. Which surprise made you cry? Almost everything makes me cry
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given somebody else? I don’t know. I gave Spike Lee tickets to someone once, and I was very happy about that
39. Do you like muffins? Definitely. Especially ones with cranberries or blueberries.
40. Do you cook often? No
41. What’s your favourite dessert? Espresso
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like? There’s probably one out there somewhere
43. Cake or pie? Cake
44. What’s your least favourite food? Cottage cheese
45. What’s your favourite condiment? I don’t care about them
46. It’s 4 am on a random Saturday. What are you eating? Coffee
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called? Fantastical Writing!
48. Best animated film? Spirited Away
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you? Stayed with me when I was sick, sick, sick
50. Best thing to do on a first date? Go to a cool gallery or museum
51. Worst thing to do on a first date? Talk about your ex
53. Best comic book character? I don’t know many, but I recently read One Hundred Night with Hero, and Hero was brilliant
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse. Pens, paper, action figures
55. Favourite drinks? Coffee! Gin and tonic
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be? Sylvia Plath
57. Kittens or puppies? Puppies!
58. Favourite sushi roll? Don’t know
59. What lipstick do you use? I don’t like lipstick
60. What foundation do you use? It changes
61. Blow dry or air dry? Blow dry usually
62. Who is your fashion icon? Um…hmm…
63. Favourite Disney Character? Eyeore
64. What are you doing tomorrow? Working
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through? Usually one scene really makes me laugh, but maybe not an entire movie
66. Movie that made you cry? They all make me cry
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose? Just no
68. If your life was a song what would the title be? Anytime by Neil Finn
69. What’s your favourite animal? Dogs!
70. Favourite illustrator? Too many to choose from
71. The person you want to have coffee with? Neil Gaiman, I think.
72. What country would you like to visit? Can’t choose just one
73. Best way to decompress? Nap