Thank you for reading!
This is my first attempt at book club questions. I plan on changing them, and if you have any suggestions, let me know. Please! And if you have any questions just for me, let me know those too.
The Blue Jar Discussion Questions
1. The novel tells the story of two teenage girls, Chesnie Garret and Fran Waters. Who did you find most appealing? Who did you relate to the most? Why?
2. Do you believe the ritual the girls enact in the woods really worked? Do you think any of their rituals or spells worked or were events strictly coincidental?
3. What mistakes do Beth and Daniel make as Fran’s parents? What would you say to them if you met them?
4. How did you feel about Fran’s erstwhile boyfriend Paul Radcliffe and his choices?
5. What’s your reaction to Charlie?
6. What’s you reaction to the Garrets?
7. Why do you think Tonya supports her husband and not her daughter?
8. Chesnie sneaks out of the house to go dancing at The Walking Whiskey. Does that scene remind you of anything you did as a teenager?
9. What motivates Scottie to seduce Paul?
10. Have you ever been to a Tarot card reader? If so, what was that like? If not, would you go?
11. Did your hometown have anything like The Red Moon?
12. What was a favorite scene?
13. What do you think the future holds for the characters?
14. Which character would you most like to know more about? How you do feel about this person?
15. What should Fran have done differently? What about Chesnie?
Or you can download a copy of the questions here.