I like to win things, don’t you? And I’m a sucker for a compliment. But…
When I won a poetry award in high school, I hid the trophy and eventually threw it away. Pigs will be crashing landing on your roof before I frame a degree or certificate and hang it on the wall. In my real life, I squirm when telling people things like, “My art is going to be in a journal” or “My art got through the jury process!”
Even blogging awards are filled with conflict. Perhaps a Neurotic Fairy guards my mental gates and sprinkles every last bit of entering information and feeling with neurotic pixie dust. Man, that dust gets everywhere.
Anyway, some nice folks have given me awards at one time or another. DarcsFalcon, Miriam, and JES are the most recent. JES and Darcs both mention the Sunshine Award, JES talks about a Fabulous Sugar Doll Award, and Miriam had the Picasso Award. Most of these seem to ask the blogger to mention a few interesting things about herself. Whether or not something is interesting probably depends a lot on you, my reader, but in the spirit of things, I’ll give it a go.
1. Still loves Torchwood and Russell T. Davies.
2. Wrote her first short story in the 5th grade.
3. Isn’t sure how she feels that her art is more successful than her writing.
4. Is writing a short story about a mermaid a few decades into her marriage with a human.
5. A bird sits on my lamp and watches me write.
That’s all I’ve got.